? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday

TAPING KIDS MOUTHS SHUT. IS THAT OK?

Did anybody else hear a news story about an afterschool program that allegedly (don't I sound all legal?) taped a child's mouth shut as some form of discipline? Was this as a personal sanity saver or what?
If I heard correctly, it was judged that taping a child's mouth shut is not a crime and the case was kicked out of court or some such nonsense.
My thoughts on this are that while it might not have been a crime for the daycare worker to do the taping, the tailkicking I gave HER for doing such a cruel and heartless thing to my child probably would be prosecutable to the full extent of the law.
What do y'all think about this mess? What would YOU do if a person left in charge of your children taped one of their mouths shut?

I suppose this hits close to home because I'm the mother of lots of little jabber jaws and while I've been pretty close to snapping and sticking cotton in MY ears at times, I would never do something like that to my own child or anyone else's!

Come on, tell me what you think about this!

5 comments:

JW said...

Gotta do what you've gotta do!

JW said...

I might even provide the heavy duty duck tape they can use and help setup guidelines for the use. It would make my child think twice before back talking or being disrespectful. Sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

admin36 said...

Amen! It is tempting is it? LOL. However I agree there would be a butt kicking for that regarding the day care.

I have four kids (counting my husband). I have 5 yo twins and a 11 yo. Our house is the county zoo!

God Bless My friend!
Holly
On The wRite Side

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard about this, but it just seems so wrong, besides the fact that having duct tape peeled off would probably hurt. there have to be more effective forms of discpline

Rachel said...

I'm not sure if you're talking about the event in Jefferson Co. Tennessee or not. (I really hope this hasn't happened more than once.) Here's a link to the news coverage. http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=49475

The child was actually a 4 month old with a pacifer taped in his mouth by a worker. One more reason I am glad to be able to work from home.

The parents are actually not blaming the daycare, just the worker involved.